8 questions to ask when choosing the right builder for your home renovation
Renovating your home is one of life’s milestones and you want to make sure it’s everything you’ve imagined. Choosing the right builder is a crucial step in the process.
There is a large selection of builders in Sydney and it may seem hard to set them apart. Once you have identified a few builders who can renovate to your preferred style and budget, the following checklist will help you pick the right builder to bring your home alteration dreams to life:
- How much experience does the builder have? Do they have a sound financial reputation?
- Have you read any of their testimonials – what have they got to say?
- Have you checked their portfolio and are they experienced and competent at building renovations?
- Are they members of any professional associations?
- What insurances do they have in place?
- What is their customer service process – who will be your point of contact and how do they keep you up to date throughout the home building process?
- What structural warranty does the builder offer for the property?
- Does the builder meet all the legal and safety requirements involved with building renovations?
If you would like to discuss any of the above questions or want to find out more, please feel free to contact us today.